DID YOU KNOW THE AVERAGE HOME USES MORE THAN 200 GALLONS OF WATER PER DAY?
Make a commitment to do at least one thing a day to save water! Make every drop count.
In the Kitchen
We will look at the kitchen first, to see where we can save water.
- Wash Full Loads Only
- Soak very dirty dishes and pans to speed washing
- Soak instead of running water to scrape dishes
- If newer dishwasher, you won’t need to rinse as much as older models
- Reuse drinking glass during the day instead of getting a new one each time
- Store water in the refrigerator to have cold water instead of running the tap until the water cools
Hand Washing Dishes and Hands
- If hand washing dishes, fill one sink with dishwater and one sink with rinse water
- Don’t let the water run while lathering your hands
- Defrost meat in microwave or refrigerator instead of using running water
- Install an instant water heater near the kitchen sink and reduce your overall costs and water usage
Feel free to call or contact Emory Garland Plumbing if you would like a plumbing inspection and we will be happy to help you find ways to save water!